I say unique, because when you consider this chart, you’ll see that many industries are not highly trusted. This online U.S. Harris Poll was conducted on November 8 and 15, 2010 among 2,151 adults 18+.
Trust in a brand (personal or business) is the keystone of all relationships. By doing the right thing/s, you an earn a person’s trust, but it’s easy to lose it – and you can lose it quickly – practically overnight regardless of your past reputation.
Here my 10 ways to build trust:
- Be authentic – be real
- Lead with integrity and humility
- Be honest, don’t lie and always tell the truth
- Be objective, fair and consistent in your actions
- Don’t gossip – respect people in their absence
- Keep your promises by doing what you say you’re going to do
- Don’t take people for granted – anticipate needs, don’t just react
- Be open and transparent on your dealings and provide clear information
- Always do your best and give your engagements everything you’ve got
- Be a Servant Leader by putting others best interest ahead of your own
If you follow these 10 ways to build trust in your brand, “they (your customers)” will come again and again. Trust me.