Regardless of your political party affiliation or candidate preference for the USA Presidential election, I’m sure you’d agree that most voters will choose the man that they trust to be the best qualified and able to get the job done for the country.
Trust is critical to brand success and it is a dangerous deficiency for lots of brands as evidenced by the Gallup poll below.
Note that only 18% of those surveyed highly trust business executives! Building trust is a great way to differentiate your brand and bulletproof it!
Here for 15 ways you can start to build more trust in your brand today
- Be authentic, real, open, honest, kind and considerate
- Be consistent, competent, capable and deliver results
- Have integrity – do the right ethical things regardless of the consequences – even when no one else is watching
- Keep your promises – keep your word – walk your talk – honor your commitments – follow through – be on time
- Honor people in their absence – don’t talk behind backs or gossip
- Keep confidential things confidential
- Communicate your vision, values and expectations as clearly and fully as possible, but be open minded and flexible to change
- Create win/win shared goals with your customers and team
- Be present with people – actively listen to them
- Play no favorites – treat everyone special
- Criticize actions not the people – don’t judge
- Be understanding, compassionate and forgive and forget mistakes
- If you fail or make a mistake, admit to it and fix it, then fix the process and move on
- Own problems and take steps to fix them – don’t hide – be visible – be reachable
- Be generous and give without any strings attached