OK, so you have a web site, maybe started a Blog, then added a Flickr photo set to it now you're ready for online video. Be confident nd host your videos on YouTube because they're the Mac Daddy in the video viewing space.
According to Compete last fall, here is how the top players in the video viewing space rank:
- Google, including YouTube, has a 55.4% share of video viewing
visits to online video site properties among US Internet users
- All four networks made it into the top 10, but their market share is dominated by YouTube
- NBC, in third place, garners a mere 3.9% of
visits – the first time NBC has been in the top five
Interactive Media has a 3.9% share too
- ABC commands 2.8% of visits to
online video sites
- CBS Interactive accounted for just 2%.