Our world lost a great man yesterday – Steve Jobs.
Jobs impacted my life in numerous ways through not only his great innovations and style, but also in his words.
Here’s my top 10 list of Steve Job quotes that have resonated with me over the years.
God bless you Steve and many thanks. You’ll be missed.
Steve Jobs Top 10 Best Quotes
- “We’re here to put a dent in the universe, otherwise why else even be here?”
- “Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
- “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.”
- “That’s been one of my mantras – focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex. You need to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple, but it’s worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains.”
- “I’m convinced that about half of what separates the successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance.”
- Remembering that you’re going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose.”
- “Stay hungry, stay foolish.”
- “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.”
- “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone elses life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”
- We don’t get a chance to do that many things and every one should be really excellent because this is our life.”
…And, one more thing!
10+. “You know a design is good when you want to lick it.” … And, “Design is not what it looks like. Design is how it works.”