Throughout 2010, we consulted with over 30 brands – most small to medium sized enterprises (SMEs) like ourselves. And, from this experience, we’ve determined that if brands follow the following seven marketing strategies in 2011, they’ll succeed big time.
Here are our Big 7 Steps to Marketing Success in 2011:
- Clarify your marketing message to something memorable and meaningful
- Look for ways (and do it) to cost effectively promote yourself (Web, Social, PR, Media)
- Do something remarkable (Innovate)
- Craft and execute a 3-part marketing plan (so many SMEs lack one). The first part of the plan is an acquisition plan; the second part is a retention plan – retain/build existing business; and the third part is a win-back plan to regain lost business
- Build a comprehensive customer database and treat different people differently
- Look for ways to make your business easier for customers to do business with you
- Provide a unique, value added quality experience that makes your competition irrelevant
When you roll the dice with these key marketing steps yell, “7 come 11” and trust me, you won’t “crap” out next year!