HOW STRATEGIC VIDEO STORYTELLING CAN
TRANSFORM YOUR BUSINESS THROUGH THE POWER OF STORYTELLING
Throughout time, we’ve been moved by great stories. Whether from literature, history, a memory shared by a friend or family member, stories well told are bigger than the actual person or event. When well crafted, the best stories stay with us forever. How your story is selected, cultivated and then shared determines its success. Will it be forgotten by your customer in the next moment, or will it linger for days, weeks, years?
CONFRONTING THE FRANTIC PACE OF DIGITAL
For more than a decade, digital technology has allowed just about anyone to turn on a camera (or an iPhone) point it and get decent video and audio. Unfortunately, lost in the process is what is found in the art of storytelling: the heart of your story (which captures the essence of your brand) being told in the most compelling manner possible.
ALWAYS START WITH STRONG IDEAS – STRONG WRITING
We are writers and thinkers first. Having penned plays, screenplays, televisions hows, speeches and more, we can provide a blueprint for your video content that is exceptional in terms of its power and reach.
THE LONG SHELF LIFE OF A COLLABORATIVE EFFORT
Clients have found that collaborating with us on story treatments is the most beneficial exercise in any branding initiative, big or small, not just for the video project at hand, but in the broader context of discovering aspects of their people, customers, their “stories”, that were hitherto unknown to most.
WHY NOT BE IN BETTER COMPANY
We hold up examples of clients big and small who have benefitted from investing in our approach: Coca-Cola, Lands’ End, The Diocese of Pittsburgh, Bulova, Prantl’s Bakery, Carnegie Mellon University, Bike Pittsburgh, Sarasota Memorial Hospital, Goodwin Procter, Mandalay Bay and more. They have all come to us because we embrace their brand heritage and essence as we refashion their messaging for a current and future audience. We dive into their vertical, their goals and develop a video branding strategy or a plan for an entire campaign.
A DIVERSITY OF EXPERIENCE
We’ve created video content for GE and Gatorade, for the NFL and MTV, for Universities, High Schools, and Online Programs. We’ve helped developers sell out high-rise residential buildings in Miami before they broke ground, and guided struggling casinos in Las Vegas to find a new audience. We’ve created massive amounts of strategic video content for some of the biggest clothing retailers in the world, and helped drive traffic to “Ma & Pa” diners. Clients have included financial Institutions whose offices span the globe and 20-person shops. We’ve helped law firms of 1,000 attorneys and las well as firms of one. In short, there isn’t a vertical we haven’t tackled, and with each client, we’ve found their story, and told it well.
SEVEN STORY TELLERS: WHAT’S IN A NAME
Born 1863, author Sir Thomas Quiller Couch suggested that there are seven plot lines, all beginning with “man against”, whether himself, God, nature, or man, etc. This hypothesis has been widely embraced but we thought that for the purposes of marketing/branding and to modernize we would revise:
- Ascension (from nothing an individual or a company rises up, sometimes against all odds, to achieve greatness, often for the benefit of others – rags to riches)
- Survival (overcoming extreme adversity — including a business that pivots to a different mission in order to make it)
- Heroism (Doing what no one else will do, regardless of how that move might affect business or personal comfort)
- Redemption (after falling down and being out of the race, an individual or business rises out of the ashes to reestablish a dynamic presence)
- Rebirth • Mission (with an eye on a prize, a target, a mountaintop, the individual or team puts forth an unprecedented effort in order to win the day)
- Spiritual (Sometimes financials statements and revenue projections can’t capture the essence of a story that is born of heart, spirit, will, passion)
- Comedy (sometimes a good, light-heated story has enough value to move others to )
YOUR STORY IS IN THERE SOMEWHERE, LET US HELP YOU FIND IT, AND TELL IT.
The saw the Angel in the marble and carved until I set him free. – Michelangelo