This weekend is always a great time for me, because it gives me extra time to truly pause and reflect on my super Mom – I adore her (same goes for my mother-in-law too) and am so very blessed to have her in my life. Now, I’ve always been a believer in the Big Guy upstairs, but I’ll tell you if my Mom doesn’t make it to heaven, there just simply isn’t one!
While Mother’s Day comes just once a year, every day should be Mother’s Day for the incredible role they play in all of our lives.
Don’t you agree?
Salary.Com, has highlighted all of the job titles that best define all of Moms’ responsibilities which are (in order of hours spent per week): housekeeper, day care center teacher, cook, computer operator, facilities manager, van driver, psychologist, laundry machine operator, janitor and chief executive officer. I’d add dog walker/caregiver, guardian/protector, nurse/doctor, motivational speaker, cheerleader, life coach, healthcare consultant, gardener (PLUS – “day job’ working mom if it applies) and I’m sure my Mom could list more!
So what is Mom worth?
For me, and I’m sure for you, Mom is priceless, however Salary.Com gave it a shot to actually put a price tag on Mom’s work.
Based on a survey of more than 28,000 mothers, Salary.com determined that the time mothers spend performing 10 typical job functions would equate to an annual salary of $117,867 for a stay-at-home mom. Working moms ‘at-home’ salary is $71,868 in 2010; this is in addition to the salary they earn in the workplace.
Here’s a really cool thing you can give Mom on her special day – a customized paycheck – now you can’t put a price tag on your Mom, but Salary.Com is certainly giving it a go!
In Marketing, strong Brands are what it’s all about, so what you can you learn about brand marketing from Brand Mom? Here are 25 lessons (in no particular order) from where I’m sitting:
- Have unconditional love for your family
- Tell the truth, admit when you’re wrong and be truly sorry
- Leave things and people better off than when you found them
- Stand for something – Care
- Clean up after yourself
- Don’t be a blind follower – lead
- Surround yourself with positive people
- Do good work and be proud of your work
- Perseverance – have resolve
- Be a team builder
- Be positive and enthusiastic
- Be respectful and respect yourself
- Be disciplined and follow through on execution
- Keep your word – walk your talk
- Servant leadership – serve others without looking for payback or PR
- Smile, be nice and be courteous – say thank you and please
- Speak up, speak clearly and write well
- Say thank you and mean it
- Plan ahead and be resourceful
- Have faith, hope and dreams – think big
- Know the value of a dollar – save money for raining days
- Learn how to bounce and roll because you’ll fall and fail often
- Sweat the details, but don’t sweat the small stuff
- Be true to yourself – don’t be someone you’re not
- Money isn’t everything, but Family is
How about you? Anything to add?
Happy Mother’s Day Super Moms Everywhere!