And, I assure you that despite the times, Millionaires are being made – many self-made – every day!
You can’t control things that are out of your control, so let’s work to control the things within your circle of influence.
Here are a 10 things you can do to succeed in a down economy.
- Don’t accept that a recession is a good reason for you not to increase business. There are people buying your stuff every day, you just have to work harder and smarter to get their business.
- Begin with an end in mind and plan proactively – first things first – get out and sell, follow-up etc.
- Work to prove your value (ROI) by increasing your client’s value
- Tailor your goods/services to meet today’s market climate
- Work to re-sign your current, profitable and most valuable clients
- Fire clients that you’re not making a significant profit or are slow to pay
- Focus on the basics of your business
- Worry about what you’re doing or need to do, NOT your competitors
- Solve client’s problems – offer unsolicited solutions – communicate
- COMMUNICATE – Share your pain with your team, bring them into the fold and explain the situation. Ask for their input, but demonstrate grace, passion and enthusiasm
There are certainly more than 10 things you can do, but this is a good list to start working from. Plus, I don’t have the time to add more – got to keep moving!